Our General surgeons focuses on the surgical management of a wide range of diseases, injuries, and conditions. They typically treat conditions involving the gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, stomach, intestines), abdomen, breast, skin, and soft tissues, as well as surgical emergencies such as appendicitis, trauma, and infections.
1. Scope of Practice: our General surgeons are trained to handle a wide array of surgical procedures, including diagnostic procedures, minimally invasive surgeries, and major open surgeries. Their practice encompasses both elective procedures and emergency surgeries.
2. Preoperative Care: Our General surgeons are involved in patient care from the initial consultation to preoperative evaluation and preparation. They perform thorough assessments, order diagnostic tests, and work closely with other healthcare professionals to ensure patients are optimally prepared for surgery.
3. Surgical Techniques: we utilize various surgical techniques depending on the specific procedure and patient's condition. These techniques may include traditional open surgery, laparoscopic o r minimally invasive surgery. The choice of technique is based on factors such as the nature of the condition, patient characteristics, and the surgeon's expertise.
4. Postoperative Care: They monitor patients' recovery, manage pain, and address any complications that may arise. They also provide guidance on postoperative care instructions, including wound care, medication management, and follow-up appointments.
5. Collaboration: We work closely with other healthcare professionals, including anesthesiologists, radiologists, and pathologists, to ensure comprehensive and coordinated patient care. They often collaborate with specialists from other medical disciplines to provide multidisciplinary care for complex cases.
Emergency: Trauma care, debridements, amputations, Incision and drainage, burns management surgical and medical, appendicitis, intestinal obstruction, perforation closure+vagotomy(open/laparoscopy)
Elective/daycare: excision biopsies, thyroid, parathyroid, benign and malignant breast lesion, salivary gland lesions, laparoscopic appendicectomy, laparoscopic cholecystectomy, laparoscopic liver abscess / hydatid cyst drainage, cystogastrsotomy, gastrojejunostomy, splenectomy(open/laparoscopic), fundoplication(open / laparoscopic), varicose veins(SEPS, trendelenberg surgery, foam sclerotherapy, perforator ligation), laparoscopic varicocelectomy/vasectomy, lateral sphincterotomy, fissurectomy, hemmorhoidectomy, circumcision, hydrocele, Gastrointestinal malignancies.
Hernia: open, IPOM, IPOM plus, TAPP, TEP, eTEP, eTEP+TAR
Paediatric : herniotomy, circumcision, thyroglossal cyst/fistula, meckels diverticulitis, intussusception, undescended testis,