Pulmonary Medicine deals with diseases that involves Lungs, Airways, Mediastmum, Pleura, Diaphragm and Chest wall and Critical Illness.
- In Modern world respiratory problems have been increased for everyone irrespective.
- In our DVC hospital and Research Centre the Pulmonology department provides diagnoses & treatment of wide range of respiratory problems that affect respiratory system and sleep disorder.
Disease that can be Treated:
1 Airway diseases: Asthma, COPD and Bronchiectasis etc…
- 2 Parenchymal diseases: Interstitial lung disease(ILD)
- 3 Infections: Pneumonia, Tuberculosis etc…
- 4 Pleural Disease: Pleural effusion, empyema and ICD
- 5 Respiratory Failure and other respiratory diseases
During COVID outbreak, our Pulmonology department has provided treatment facilities to more than 1000 Patients as inpatient service during first wave and around 250-300 during second wave.
- Invasive & non Invasive Ventilation